Jandy System and Heater have gone "out of synch"

Apr 4, 2015
Frisco
Hi,

Looking for some help getting my Jandy Controller and LXi heater "back in synch". Somewhere along the way, the heater decided to "go rogue" and ignore the controller - it only heats when you turn it on/off from its own control pad on the top/front of the heating unit. Here are a couple of pictures of how it's "not working."

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

As you can see, the controller and PDA think the heater is on, but the heater is not cooperating.

Does anyone know the procedure to troubleshoot/straighten this out?

Thanks,
Scott

I don't have any experience with these devices but, have you powered everything down for a bit for cold restart? That seems to fix electronics issues sometimes.

Welcome to TFP!

The heater needs to be setup correctly for remote control. The procedure for doing that varies somewhat from heater to heater and should be described in your heater manual. Sometimes heaters forget that setting and you need to set them up again.

If you can't find the manual, tell us which specific model of heater you have and we should be able to look it up for you.

If you can't find the manual, tell us which specific model of heater you have and we should be able to look it up for you.

I found the Jandy LXi manual online at http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/media/Zodiac/Global/Downloads/H/H0286900.ashx

And to quote it:

6.5.2.2 Configure the Control Panel
1. Make sure the control is in the OFF mode.
2. To enter the Service Setup mode, press and hold
the MENU button, and then the POOL and SPA
buttons for 5 seconds.
NOTE The display will revert back to OFF after 1 minute
since the last key press.
3. Press the Up or Down button to display
REMOTE. The SELECT REMOTE OFF (default
remote) appears. Use the Up or Down button to
scroll through the Remote options. When you
reach REMOTE TSTAT, press the MENU button
to select the remote. Press POOL or SPA to exit
the Service Setup mode.
4. Press SPA. Adjust the setpoint to the maximum
setting of 40°C (104°F).

I did this (*I think*) with both the Aqualink controller powered on and powered off. I set the REMOTE setting to TSTAT and in neither case, did the heater correctly behave with the remote control (same behavior as originally posted).

Anything I may be missing??

Thanks,
Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.