No algae - yet! How to prevent it before I open my pool

Joshii

Jul 15, 2013
I have a mesh winter cover on my pool right now. Due to the incredible winter we've had in the northeast, the pool is actually overfull! So I was draining it down a few inches and saw that my pool is crystal clear. Nice! How can I keep it that way until opening day -- around May 20? Thanks!

What he said.

Please add your location to your profile as it would make a difference if you were more north and there would be a threat of a hard freeze.

Test the water and get some chlorine in there. Depending on where you are use the brush to mix or if it's safe open it up and start the pump.

I'm,in Pennsylvania and I'm prepping the pool for cover removal tomorrow! Open early, Close late!

I've been putting off taking off my cover. There's still plenty of ice layer on the pool. I may take the cover off before this weekend so it can get some sun/wind and thaw quicker. That means I have to get all my plumbing parts in order for the repairs!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.