What to put under an above ground pool

Hi
I am getting ready to set up an above ground pool.. we know to remove sod and level dirt. I am wondering about ordering the foam or bottom liner protector products rather than hauling sand. I know for sure I want the foam cove for the bottom edge where pool wall meets the ground. Any other pointers? Ideas? We previously (and on a different property) had an AG with a lumpy sand bottom and I hated it!!!
:confused:

AHhh..right... I know what that is...thanks... I bet its tons cheaper than the foam stuff on internet that's only 1/4" thick! Is the thickness an issue at all under the liner? I'm thinking for install we trim to fit exactly up to wall, put foam cove on top and instant smooth floor? Right? What about seams? are the panels cut in tight enough to not separate under pressure of water?

Thickness isn't really an issue. Many people use 1" thick pieces, mostly because that thickness is readily available.

You need to tape the panels together so they won't shift.

You need to cut out places to put the pavers under the posts, and most people cut the edges down to match the pool shape so the foam board doesn't stick out.

When you tape the seams they say tape over each seam three times. If you only use one piece of tape, the weight of the water will push the pieces apart and you will feel each seam and dirt will collect. Taping each seam three times apparently prevents this

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.