Doing it different this time!

So, We are getting ready to set up a 15x30 AG. Brand new liner. At our last house we had an AG that had been put underground... Such a bad idea in so many ways!!! This time we are setting pool on the ground where it belongs and building the deck around the pool and hot tub. Very exciting! My question is what should I do to open the pool? Last time around I took a water sample to pool store and guess what.... yep... it needed tons of stuff. Apparently our water is very hard. I am going to order the suggested test kit and I am reading your forums like crazy! Any other advice? I love the tips! I am a couple weeks away from adding water, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get set up here so when the questions arise I will already have a login etc. Thanks!!!!

:wave: Welcome Reeves!

Sounds as if you're doing things in the correct order....Pool School and a good kit! You're miles ahead already.

When your kit arrives, you can test your fill water just to see where you will be starting. Don't waste your reagents on the CYA test tho because your fill water won't contain any. Initially, you should only need CYA (stabilizer, conditioner...whatever you want to call it), liquid chlorine (regular old bleach...no flavors, no splashless), and muriatic acid (full strength).

Enjoy the forums!

Thanks! I think I need to go ahead and order the test kit so its here before pool has water that I or the pool store can mess up :hammer: I read just now on a different thread about testing my source water. That seems like a good idea so I know right away what to do. Right?

We purchased a house with a mostly buried AG pool. It was beautiful and had a full deck etc. Beautiful right up to the day the sides caved in. Luckily we hadn't closed so the seller had to give us the money to replace pool. Unluckily we were young and eager and said "oh sure, we will install the new pool"... The installation was a nightmare... nowhere to work, no way to get really really level... in the end it got done... kinda... we used the deck to cover the flaws and then proceeded to swim for 4 years until we sold the house to the next poor chap. Anyway, build your deck taller and leave the pool on solid ground. They are not manufactured for the pressure of fill dirt. They are hard to repair and impossible to see if you have any problems! I have seen beautiful pictures of AG pools well decked so I just don't see the reason to dig a hole and live with the hard to repair/maintain pool in the hole.

"It got done...kinda." I have spent the last 15 minutes playing that statement in my head with images of every Intex pool I ever touched. These weren't even buried. Were they ever right? Heck no. Did I finally reach a point where I was done. Yep, sure did. Did I vow to do better next time? Yep. Did I? Yes, when I finally bought the Sharkline and paid pennies to have someone else install it.

Thanks for the laugh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.