planning to add SWG

Apr 17, 2008
Hi,
I'm looking to convert my plaster pool to SWG. I just started planning it after deciding between liquidator vs swg.
Currently using Chlorine tablet, which is driving my CYA up too much. I had SWG on my previous home. This pool was build somewhere in '99, and came with the house.

Also it comes with something call Natural Balance Catalyst.

20130429_172710.jpg

I found little information on this item. I think it's already discontinued item and I don't use it anyway.
So I am thinking, this item looks like it's installed after the heater and looks like a return line to the pool/spa.
So instead of cutting PVC, this look like a possible location to replace it with the SWG cell?

But I can't find anything about this catalyst, like what kind of connector does it use. Is it a standard connectors? Can I just mount a SWG cell to it? Or do I still need to cut off the ends? Anyone have experience with this Catalyst thingy?

regards,
elteebee

I would be surprised if the unions fit (threads) converting to SWG if that is what you are asking? You are going to have to cut the pipe and install new unions with the new SWG. I'm pretty sure Hayward/Goldline Aquarite SWG's have a patented thread which will not fit other unions. Please confirm other brands. It's very simple to cut PVC and it would make for a better install in my opinion.

thanks elwood58, I found that too. Was hoping to find the union sizing and such.

I'm glad I ask this forum, since it sounds like doesn't really matter now, if the SWG unions are patented. I'll need to cut it anyway then. I'll plan it a bit and maybe post on a new thread on my plan and see if my plan is ok.

I'm thinking of getting the Circupool SJ-30 since my pool is just 14.5k and shaded most of the time. Wondering now if that's an overkill or the SJ-20 would suffice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.