What did you do to your pool today?

Patrick_B

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Midland TX
Not much here yet. Cover still on, but peeled it back again and ran some basics. Been crystal over the winter, but added a little Cya to bump me up from 30. Added a little Acid and Bleach. As soon as my trees drop some tassels, the cover will come off.

What did you do to yours?

I don't close for the winter. Water is balanced and has been all winter. Just running the pump, as pollen is thick and trees are dropping lots of stuff. Awaiting water temp of 73 or 74, then I'll jump in. Right now water is 70 degrees.

Just started with BBB in Spring of last year. If it wasn't for that I'd be throwing Shock, Phosfree, and all kinds of other stuff in there that the pool store would advise.

As it is, I don't have to do very much. Just add bleach and MA as needed. Pool looks like the avatar pic right now.

Checked the temp am it was 75, checked at noon it was 76 and solar panels are blasting heat into the pool. I have also emptied my skimmer baskets about 2,378 times today and the pool surface is covered with some tree doodoo. But, the water under the tree doodoo is sparkly clear.

Last sunday I cleaned and replaced filters with the pentair carts that i don't like. Wednesday I cleaned and put the Pleatco cartridges that I do like. Before that I did full meal deal TF100 tests. Added 3 bags o salt and some CYA to get everything in line for swimmy-swim-swimtime. Everything else was perfecto and ready to go.

Now all my pool needs to be ready for swimming is more hotness!

Reactions: PotatoChicken
Opened up cover and tested- eeeeek~ 0.5 FC,0 CC...last month the FC was 7.5. Pool is crystal clear as always. I haven't added anything since last fall, we even turned off the SWG and just let it drift down over the winter. I've opened and tested throughout fall and winter but never got such low CL before. Today-Added a gallon of bleach, did a little scooping and a bit of brushing, but have to wait for Skippy to come home to do more of the brushing labor and crawl through the overgrowth to get to the equipment and turn the SWG back on.

Our Pal WoodyP has been telling me about your pollen woes out in the far East. We will have our dust storms soon enough. A little bit kicking up today.

Yep----been dipping oak tree fronds out most of the day! Bumped up CYA yesterday to 40ish level. Test again in a few days to be sure. Was too low to be accurate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Took off cover 2 days ago, clear but #s low. Used new Stanley leaf gulper that I'm not to fond of, brushed w new Whale Wall brush that im not too fond of and using my new speedstir that im VERY fond of. Added CYA, Borax, bleach. Water temp only 60. Cleaned out skimmer basket a gazillion times of oak frond things. I thought they were through falling. Oh and I cleaned out around my pump pad.

Changed 325 lbs of filter sand (was way beyond deep cleaning), brushed in 500+ pounds of salt, installed a timer, started installing my new SWG. I am beat.

Man, I bet you are! So far today, I think you win, what a day...First one's on me. :cheers:

- - - Updated - - -

I've been waiting for that one for awhile myself. Although displaying it would probably get me banned....:wink:

:jocolor:

Go ahead...post it up....and we'll see...:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support