What did you do to your pool today?

Removed the tires and stacked them under the deck, pulled the cover, brushed and fired up the pump. Installed the floating thermometer and the temp was still dripping at 65 when I moved on to the next project.

I heard that the dogs swam whilst I was at work. Still too cold for their humans.

Scooped bird poop out of my crystal clear, but COLD TFP water. Air temps have been in the 60's with overnight lows in the 40's...CRAZY for Oklahoma in May!! I have family arriving for Memorial Day weekend and staying all the following week. Extended forecast looks like we will barely break 80 degrees all week. Where in the blazes is SUMMER????

Do I need to increase my FC because of all the bird poop? Cleaned out about 6 bombs....

waiting for a more reasonable hour of the morning to fire up the blower/vacuum and suck up all the pine needles laying on the apron around the pool before they get kicked or blown into the water. Have three monster pine trees way too close to the pool but I'm sure back in the 70's when they were planted no one thought they'd get 60-70' tall and 40'+ in diameter. They are beautiful but sure make a mess.
Then it's time for a good power wash.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, yesterday, I watched a mini storm send all of my furniture flying into the pool on my security camera. I watched my son drag the table across the liner to get it out of the pool. I went home early and swam on the bottom for awhile inspecting the liner. No damage that I could see. Tons of dirt, now. :/

Nice! Solar cover off, ran Gilligan a couple of times and jumped in. Ready for the weekend!

dbtgallery.php

Trying to get to 60 deg. Hit it with bleach, baking soda and borax. Just about able to see the deep end drain. Things seems to be balanced just trying to get it clear and hold the FC up. Looking forward to an OCLT in a day or two.

Went to backwash the filter Friday evening. Turned the pump off, switched the valve, flipped the breaker for the pump and.......nothing, just a slight hummmm. My thoughts were drats (or something equivalent to it), things like this always happen at the start of a holiday weekend. But luckily, yesterday, with the help of my local pool store, was able to determine it was a bad capacitor. Changed the capacitor (more difficult than it should have been as I had to remove some screws that had not been turned in 20 some odd years) and the pump fired up. Finished the backwash, and since it was 92 degrees and I was hot and sweaty, took my first dive into the pool for the season. Water was 82 degrees and very refreshing.

PS - There is a place for LPS as they were very helpful in helping me resolve this issue. I do get funny looks from them when I am there as they record everything you purchase from them and I am sure they are thinking it's strange that it's been a long time since I've purchased any chemicals from them.

Well, yesterday, I watched a mini storm send all of my furniture flying into the pool on my security camera. I watched my son drag the table across the liner to get it out of the pool. I went home early and swam on the bottom for awhile inspecting the liner. No damage that I could see. Tons of dirt, now. :/
That's one of my biggest fears during hurricane season! Glad no damage!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support