What did you do to your pool today?

Your picture inspired a new thought for the old question, "exactly how clear is TFP clear water?" Ask not if you can see the vacuum hose all the way down to the vacuum head, but how far down you can count the ribs of the hose when the pump is off and the water is still.

You need not actually count, but it is essential that you realize one of the following:
- "Wow! My water really is clear all the way to the bottom!"
or
- "it could definitely be clearer ... the SLAM must go on!"

I did a full battery of tests, added some CYA, (lost form backwashing). Rebuilt the filter slide valve, vacuumed and emptied skimmer baskets and leaf canister. Water temp at 89 degrees, makes me very glad I don't live in the frozen north any longer, where I would be closing the pool for the season right about now.

Brushed new plaster, as usual. Going to swim en masse for the first time this weekend. Water temp is at 80 and still can't use heater. Brrr....... but I'll be in.

Forgive us, it been 3 weeks since our last swim... Last night we finally were able to get in for a swim. I think we all made comment on how cold it was. The water has been in the lower 70 for some time, but it was finally up to 78deg. At least that's what the thermometer said, where it was... Hopefully it will stay "warm" through the weekend. I vacuumed while I was in there to make sure things were nice & stirred up and no hidden green. Nice clear & sparkly water though.

The wife is getting the pool ready for swimming later today, this is her first time emptying a skimmer and finding something unexpected.

IMG_5798.JPG.jpg
I believe that is the largest salamander I've seen on the property. Hopefully she finds a way to get it out before I get home from work because it didn't sound like she was going to touch it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Went out and removed the cover, water still looks great, and the chlorine is holding. Only adding twice a week at this point. It's very hot for late September. Water is 74 right now, we MIGHT be able to get in for a quick swim tomorrow. Latest we have ever swam that I can remember, is around the 16th of September, in 2015.

After a couple of cool overnights (down into mid to low 60’s), my pool water is now at 81F...barely swimmable in my opinion. Without a bubble cover, all I can do is spot heat the pool on days we’d want to swim and then watch all the dollar bills evaporate off the water’s surface every night [emoji20]

Solar heating system alone isn’t maintaining the 86 degree temp we like. Had to drag out the solar cover to keep from losing the heat during the cool (60 degree) temps overnight. I’ll bet the water hits the 90s tomorrow and I’ll be turning the solar control back down.

Cleaning leaves off of the solar cover ....... Again ....... Pool is 77F right now, sun is low and about a half hour away from my solar.

Swam yesterday (80F), plan to do the same today, hopefully by noon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support