What did you do to your pool today?

Today I emptied my skimmer of about 5 lbs of pollen pods from my oak trees. Geesh! the skimmer was chock full of em. Im surprised it didnt de-prime my pump!

Then I emptied my pump basket.

Then I installed a timer on my pool light that ive been threatening to do for a couple of months.

My FC has been a couple points high for the last few days, so I bumped my SWG down a smidge.

Tomorrow, Im going to play a round of Golf and take back my braggin' rights!

I took the cover off so the kids could swim. I thought about checking the chlorine but it's crystal clear so, I am going to train myself to start checking every other day.. starting today. I thought about putting the robot in but I decided tomorrow would work just as well. I put the cover back on, turned off the light, and came inside. Finally, I am in charge of this pool.

Well, still earning the pool essential and water testing. We have a pool service...... But I still testing the water with TP100 kit on the weekly basis. I will do the testing again this weekend and will post the numbers. Right now I have very high FC.... Close to 30 ppm, and Cc is 0.5... CYA at 60. PH is 7.2. Turned down the Spa to 20 % out put, may still have to turn it down more. My pool service does not seems to be doing too much..... I always text him the test number and tell him to add this and that. Once I get more confident.... I may just forget of the pool service people all together.

Hey cchopkins,

Great that you got a kit and you're checking up on your pool guy. Once you are confident, or if you are now, run a full set on your pool and makeup/fill water and post a new thread in Testing and Balancing. I and many others will look it over and offer some advice. Getting rid of your pool guy could be a great thing for you and undoubtedly save you some $$$

Today I emptied my skimmer of about 5 lbs of pollen pods from my oak trees. Geesh! the skimmer was chock full of em. Im surprised it didnt de-prime my pump!

Then I emptied my pump basket.

Then I installed a timer on my pool light that ive been threatening to do for a couple of months.

My FC has been a couple points high for the last few days, so I bumped my SWG down a smidge.

Tomorrow, Im going to play a round of Golf and take back my braggin' rights!

Please take a picture of that clogged up filter basket Dave, and show it to us non-Pollen peeps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Today, me and the five year old did the full set of tests and ran "Bot". I increased the flow of chlorine from the Liquidator and skimmed a little bit of debris off the surface. That is all. Pool reached 83 today.

I let my dog go on the auto-cover (still closed for the winter) and eat up all the dead worms. I don't often indulge her passion for her favorite delicacy, but it will make it easier for me to get all the dirt off the cover... Lazy me.

After a couple days of filling slowly from the well I've reached the skimmer !! It was a really dry winter with so little snow I had to add way more than I ever remember.
Still cold but at least now I can start dreaming of the day I'll be able to jump in :swim:

My second post on this topic.
Today I havent done anything to my pool. Its sparkly, and clean and doesnt need anything.

No Pollen Balls today? I guess that's good.. :bball:

I let my dog go on the auto-cover (still closed for the winter) and eat up all the dead worms. I don't often indulge her passion for her favorite delicacy, but it will make it easier for me to get all the dirt off the cover... Lazy me.

Sounds Delicious. ::epds:: :puker:

I am watching it rain into my sparkly clear pool, no doubt making it colder. But, hopefully the rain will wash the pollen and junk outta the trees to give the skimmer emptier a break! :)

Well, what started out to be a Final Four watch party also turned into our first pool party of the season. Even though the water was 68°F, it didn't seem to faze several of the kids who jumped in and stayed in for quite a while. The adults who ventured into the water were content to hang out in the spa which was at a much more comfortable 98°F. Apparently, kids are tougher than we give them credit for.

Like Woody and Divin Dave, I have spent a fair amount of time over the past couple of weeks removing OPTS (Other People's Tree Stuff) from the pool. While I'm probably not inundated to the extent that Woody and Divin Dave are in East Texas (I'm located between them and Patrick), we've still had our share. The Spring tree debris is worse than the Fall leaf drop since the particles are smaller. We are in that 2-3 week period where we are using skimmer socks and then having to change them out every 1-2 hours to avoid de-priming the pump. Looking around at the nearby trees, I think the worst of this is over and this problem should begin to abate. When people ask me about the time & effort that goes into maintaining a pool, it's this type of thing that is the big time sink - not the day-to-day water chemistry maintenance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support