f3justusc

Aug 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This is the first time that I have paid attention to the forum through all the seasons and I am shocked how much the posts pick up as the weather warns up. I spent the entire winter maintaining my pool even though we have not swam since September. I do live in Florida so we need to be ready to swim on a moments notice. LoL:) I am not sure that my compulsive nature would allow me to cover a pool in September and not look at it again until March. I'm not judging, just sayin :eek:

No matter how compulsive you are if your pool turns to ice it pretty much takes all the incentive and curiosity out of peeking under the cover. I can tell from what's on the cover what it looks like underneath.

I can not wait to open my pool! I love looking at the sparkling water as much as I love being in it...Hopefully today when I get home, I'll at least have all the snow melted off the cover...

A snow blower forum. They have thought of everything. I guess we all need some kind of support group. Lol
I wonder what percentage of people stick around after their pools are clear? I know it has taken me two years to final feel like I am controlling the pool chemistry instead of the other way around. I come here now to see what others are doing and I finally feel comfortable answering questions for others.

When I joined the forum, I saw the exact same 'wits end' posts that I am seeing now. I guess I thought it was a one time thing, but every spring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Too bad they didn't grab that one. Just Snowblowerforum dot com

But like pools some times it isn't that big a problem you just need someone you can trust to give a little advise or a push to do what you know you can and or should do. Like pools there are those problems where having a group is a benefit.

I'm a moderator on the Snow Blower forum and it's definitely more dead here !! With all the snow out east and up in Canada there were tons of people begging to figure out how to adjust, repair or replace whatever was keeping them from operating. With a pool you can always choose to not swim but with 18" of snow you don't have a choice if you want to go to work or get out and get groceries !!

I thought my Toro snow blower was going to die mid-winter but bought some Start My Engine gas treatment and to my surprise it worked! Open my pool in 4 weeks..Yes!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.