City flushed the water mains, and I needed fill water

hodapmj

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2007
Arkansas
Yesterday the city flushed the water mains. In the house the water has yellow look and without getting too graphic , looks like someone didn't flush the toilet. I needed to put in several hundred gallons of water into the pool to "fix" the other problem of a floating pool liner, compliments of Gustav. I had to pump out excess water that what was behind my liner.

Here's the problem. My pool now looks like my toilet. What steps do I need to correct? I normally have no iron in my water. Does time & filtration solve this problem? Get a pool store to test? Here are my TF-1000 results:

FC 12.5
PH 7.5
TA 100
CH 200
CYA 70

When our city "flushes" our water system it dumps lots of iron and minerals into our household water supply. We run the water for a few mins untill it becomes clear and then use it. So maybe your pool will have metals in it now? Maybe you could call the city and ask what they expected came out into your house and pool, and treat accordingly?Kimrst

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.