What would you go back and put in if you had more money?

Feb 26, 2015
Austin
I just discovered I have more money to put into this pool than I originally thought. When I signed the contract, I went through and scratched out a lot of add-ons I didn't think I'd use (LED Lights, did plaster only, auto-fill, heater, spa, standard tile/coping only, etc.)..

If you could go back and add anything, what would you install? I don't want to regret passing on something that will be hard or impossible to put in once the pool is finished.

I just discovered I have more money to put into this pool than I originally thought. When I signed the contract, I went through and scratched out a lot of add-ons I didn't think I'd use (LED Lights, did plaster only, auto-fill, heater, spa, standard tile/coping only, etc.)..

If you could go back and add anything, what would you install? I don't want to regret passing on something that will be hard or impossible to put in once the pool is finished.

The only things impossible to add later on your list are the spa/heater and auto-fill. Auto-fill in Austin costs a fortune BTW so I decided to skip on it.

I wanted my pool to last a long time so I put a larger filter, pebble finish, and LED lights hoping to get longer times between replacement.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wished my pool started with all these items LED lights, automation, SWG, heater, solar, a VS pump, but they can all be added on at any time with not too much difficulty if planned out right. What needs to be thought of is the equipment pad location and size. Try to keep everything spaced out and not jammed into a tight space. This will make upgrades so much easier in the future.

Large enough filter so you only have to backwash and clean the filter once or twice a year. I haven't touched my filter in 8 months other than to release the trapped air inside it after cleaning out the pump basket.

I would include a sewer drain line for backwashing or draining the pool.

A must have is an easy entry and exit point, no ladders or rails needed. A beach entry or baja shelf would be nice. I have a baja shelf that is 12" deep with a 6" entry step and it is a great area for the little ones.

My ideal pool would be long enough to include a lap lane with minimum 4' depth for flip turns. I would use the pool for exercise way more often if I had this available in my pool. As it is, I use public pools for exercise.

Longer and deeper. 44' long and 10' deep. Gas fire pit.

I went through and scratched out a lot of add-ons I didn't think I'd use (LED Lights, did plaster only, auto-fill, heater, spa, standard tile/coping only, etc.)..

If you backed out of an interior upgrade like pebble for quartz, you should consider adding that back....in my humble.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.