When is the best time to add chlorine

Sep 16, 2014
North DFW
I have setup a Stenner pump to inject bleach using my Aqualink. I can only program 2 times of day to run the pump. When are the best times of day to inject chlorine into the water? What are the consequences if the FC drops to below the min FC level per my CYA for a small duration during the injection windows? Is it possible to guarantee FC does not drop below min levels without going over the target FC when I inject?

Thanks

Well, its like this...if you add chlorine in the evening it gives more available FC to fight the cooties, because less chlorine is lost to the sun. BUT if that isn't an option, you can do it whenever you need. If you're dropping below the FC level for your CYA level, you need to increase the daily chlorine addition a couple ppm to cover for this so you don't ever go below. Are you sure of your CYA level with your own testing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.