Which brand of telescoping poles do you recommend?

Jul 20, 2014
Berks County, PA
I have a Home Depot pole too. One thing about telescoping poles. The longer they are, which seems like it might be handy... the heavier they are. You'll surprised how much a light pool pole ways after you have been wagging it around for a while scooping out leaves.

Thanks for the replies. One thing I didn't think about is what someone said in another forum- which is that the sun will destroy the plastic components in an outside lock. I know they make poles with elliptical (inside) locking mechanisms also - as long as it holds up. This whole thing is a bit ridiculous really - I HAVE a pole - a 16' that I've used for the past 25 years - solid as a rock - but unfortunately I just got a new fence around the pool and with the way the sections angle, I no longer have a 16' run where the pole can fit against!! That's the only reason why I'm thinking of getting a telescopic - I have about 8-10' straight run of fencing to put the pole against. I'd much rather use what I have, but I surely don't want to be carrying it back and forth to my storage garage before and after I use it each time!

Vertical mounting might look a bit odd....this 16' pole sticking up in the air. Thanks for the suggestion though...worth considering all options. Actually, I've often thought that telescoping might be nicer. I was always banging into the old fence with mine - being so long, and now with a new aluminum fence the last thing I'd want to do is be whacking into it and scratching it all up with the end of my long pole.

What kind of locking mechanism does the Home Depot pole have? Elliptical or outside?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.