M400 vs Z5

Welcome to the forum!

To be honest, I'll have to look at the 400 to give you an opinion. The Z5 is very close to my M5, but I just don't know. Stick around, others will chime in perhaps, and I'll weigh in after I have a look. A friend has the Z5, and I do know it's a fantastic machine for him so far.

The two biggest differences in the M5 and the Z5 are:

M5 has the third (middle) brush - Z5 only has the outer two

M5 has more functions on the remote like focusing on the waterline tile, scheduling cleanings. The Z5 has the same remote that is pictured with the M400 on maytronics website. Patrick and I are planning on using his remote on my robot a little more to see if the functions are in the Z5 just not utilized....we know the remote will work on the Z5, we just don't know if the additional functions actually do anything.

we just picked up the new m400 last week. so far, no complaints at all. with the addition of the 3 brush on the 400, we saw no reason to go with the 500. this may differ for you if you want the remote and a few other features. our pool is pebble sheen and this little guy seems to be pulling all the dirt from around all the aggregate

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.