Aquabot pool rover s2-50

I am considering getting this guy for leaf duty for my first year of pool ownership. We are closing on a house in a couple weeks with a swamp, and I really want to get a Z5 or M5 but I think I will start out with something a little more budget friendly to start.

Opinions? I am picking the 50 for the 50ft cord, I wold rather a 60ft cord or longer, but 50 should do, I have lots of outlets to utilize.

I have a similar robot made by Aqua Products. It does a fantastic job. However, I would not expect it to clean a swamp before I cleaned out as much debris as possible. The bag on the robot is small and you would have to take it or and clean the bag often. Once the debis has been removed with a leaf rake, the robot will be great at maintaining.

Also, you can search the forum for robots and find conversations about many brands. I did not realize how many there are until after I purchased mine. An EBay search will also provide a good list of the brands and some are relatively inexpensive.

I do not know about the robot you are considering but mine does not do walls, at all. This does not bother me but it may be something for you to think about.

Gotcha. It does pick up the big leaves that are on the bottom but I have not tested it on a large amount. I cleaned them out with a leaf rake long before I bought the robot.

I have had mine for 2 years,I use it in combination with my poolblaster max.
Both still work against some bad reviews, especially on the poolblaster.
What you have to do is open them up and lay them on they're sides to dry out.I have read many bad reviews saying some of these cleaners fail within a year.
All about corrosion!
I think some people pull them out of the water and and forget about them until needed again.
The Aquabot, at least for me always seems to find the far end of the pool, from the end where it is plugged in and stays in that area.Especially if there is a strong breeze forcing the top layer of water in one direction.So I have to reposition after a hour.Make sure to reposition front wheels every so often, most of the direction these things decide to go in depend on the bouncing off side wall and puts a slight spin on them to head a different way.
The elastic on the bags will fail after the first year.Stay stretched out and not seal.
Get 2 releasable zip ties, same as comes with the main cable and use them to attach bags to the ports in unit.Will not do side walls, doesn't climb, does a somewhat ok job of cove area.2 hr run time for large pool setting.
Make sure to use handle on unit to pull out of water after pulling to edge with cord, fairly heavy full of water.
I totally hate to use the long hose and vacuum bottom of pool so I use these a little more often.
I suppose tomorrow with all this said both units will fail.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.