Autopilot Nano+ cell options

Mar 23, 2015
Saint Johns, Fl
Hello to all. We are refinishing our pool and adding an SWG. Our pool is approximately 14k water volume (estimated). Right now I am heavily leaning towards a Nano+ (with the 28k cell). But I have not seen any sources for the 28k cell for sale, not even on the Autopilot site (in case it fails for any reason). I had read (on this forum) that they are not out yet for sale separately because they are too new and should still all be under warranty, hence no need to sell them (yet). But I am planning to self-install so if I read the literature correctly that reduces my 3 yr warranty down to 1 year (or in some instances 90 days).

My main question is can other Autopilot cells (like the 22/35) be used with a Nano+? (if I needed to in a pinch) I waited for almost 45 minutes on hold (earlier this week) to try to ask that question of Autopilot directly, but finally gave up. I was hoping someone with experience with the units can speak to the usage. In theory the wattage of the power supply in the Nano+ should be plenty to run the 22k cell (if it will run a 28k one), but I am not sure if there isn't some setting that would prevent that.

TIA!

Welcome to TFP!

The Nano Plus works with both the RC-35/22 and RC-28 cells.

I am just starting to see a few places list the RC-28 replacement cell for sale. They should become generally available before the end of the summer.

But I am planning to self-install so if I read the literature correctly that reduces my 3 yr warranty down to 1 year (or in some instances 90 days).

Systems installed on residential applications in the US have a 2 year warranty. This is not altered if you install the unit yourself as long as the unit is installed, operated and maintained as per AutoPilot's owner/installation manual. However the unit must be purchased through an authorized dealer for warranty purposes.

But I have not seen any sources for the 28k cell for sale, not even on the Autopilot site (in case it fails for any reason). I had read (on this forum) that they are not out yet for sale separately because they are too new and should still all be under warranty, hence no need to sell them (yet).

This is correct as well. The cells are fully available and in stock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.