Liquidator in AZ?

Mar 25, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
I was thinking about picking up the HASA Liquidator but I'm not sure how well it'd fair here in the AZ heat. It seems pretty inexpensive and simple to keep chlorine levels where they should be. I usually keep my HASA Chlorine either in the garage or inside my house when it starts hitting 100 here.

Anyways, is this a good idea or should I just keep doing what I'm doing and adding chlorine manually?

Thanks!

25,000 gals is the very upper limit of what I'd suggest the LQ for. Given that id probably suggest looking at other options. If you do decide to try it, it should work, but you'll have to fill it pretty often.

I believe that I read a post where someone had a Liquidator tank that broke and it is not part of the warranty. So, they purchased a Brute trashcan, drilled holes, and installed the components. So, perhaps for much cheaper than a Stenner pump, you could make the Liquidator work. It is little more than a tank, some floats, and tubing. Here is the thread, which may sway you towards skipping the Liquidator..don't know, just providing info :) : http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/84103-Liquidator-problems

I felt that way a year ago. Then, o over the winter, living in Florida, I grew weary dumping chlorine in a pool I wasn't swimming in. I also found the Liquidator maintains a constant chlorine level way better than I ever did.

My pool is over 32,000 gallons and I've had a liquidator in service for three years. I add about 2.5 gal of 10.5% chlorine once per week or maybe every other week. It has worked well.

The only problem I've had is getting parts from HASA. The flow meter developed a crack in the body last year. I made a temporary repair with PVC glue and have been trying since last July to get a new flow meter from HASA without success. I can't get anyone to return my emails or phone calls everything has to go though someone named Frankie and she will not return voice mail or email. I just tried again about 2 hours ago - left another voice mail and still have not heard back.

I would be more than happy to pay for a new flow meter if I knew what to buy, but I can't even get them to tell me that.

I believe that I read a post where someone had a Liquidator tank that broke and it is not part of the warranty. So, they purchased a Brute trashcan, drilled holes, and installed the components. So, perhaps for much cheaper than a Stenner pump, you could make the Liquidator work. It is little more than a tank, some floats, and tubing. Here is the thread, which may sway you towards skipping the Liquidator..don't know, just providing info :) : http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/84103-Liquidator-problems

That is a good idea. The liquidator comes with a 15 gal tank, but there is no reason why the tank could not be 30 gal or 50 gal. You might need a longer funnel but it would be easy to add an extension. I may look into that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.