Spring, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Howdy everyone! I am unable to find any manual for the filter for my pool and have a question that I hope someone has the answer to. In the diagram I attached, part #7 is described as "air relief assembly w/ tube" on the parts site I found. I am not sure how this works. It pokes up above the top of the filter cartridges and then of course there is the pressure gauge and relief valve up above it. With my layman's eye it seems they should connect together somehow but mine do not seem to do that though the pressure valve seems to do it job when I open it. Also #1I in the diagram is described as a plunger, which appears to be missing in my assembly.

Is that tube supposed to attach to the gauge/valve assembly when I put the lid back on? If so, would it not being connected cause my pressure gauge to always read the same pressure? In my case, 18 PSI, no matter how long I let it go between filter cleaning.

Just taking a shot in the dark hoping someone has some knowledge of this product before I go off ordering parts I may or may not need.

Attachments

• filterdiagram.jpg
    filterdiagram.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 35
My Pentair filter looks a whole lot like that one. That tube fits in the center of the 4 arm top filter holder. Mine does not connect in any way into the pressure gauge. If your pressure gauge is stuck on 18 then it is broken and needs to be replaced.

There are some nice oil filled pressure gauges for sale here:
http://tftestkits.net/Flow-Meters-and-PSI-Gauges-c12/

- - - Updated - - -

For the low, low price of 11 bucks! :)

My DE filter has a similar little hose, it does not attach to anything at the top.

Does the gauge go to 0 when you turn the pump off?

FYI, for a 14k pool, I would recommend a cart filter at least 200 sqft ... yours is over double that. So it is not surprising that you may easily be able to go over a year without the pressure rising enough to require a cleaning (which is 20-25% over the clean pressure). One of the mods or experts is in the similar situation and they just clean the filter once a year out of a sense of obligation ;)

Thanks for the replies!

The gauge does drop to zero when the pump is off. I actually was pretty lazy this last year and just cleaned the filters for the first time in 13 months about 2 days ago. Man they were nasty...and well-perforated which looking back they probably were when we purchased the house (had an equipment guy out who dealt with the previous homeowners and he said they took poor care of the pool). So I'll be buying some new cartridges.

I'll have to look into how this gauge attaches and whether an aftermarket gauge can be put on there.

Here is a plug for Pleatco filter cartridges.

We have pentair, I bought an extra set of Pleatco filters last year and I like them a lot better than the pentair cartridges. Easier to clean, need cleaning less, clog up less and the pool is just as clean. Cleaned the pentairs sunday and put them in, pressure went up and water flow dropped. Just put the Pleatcos back in tonight, pressure dropped and lots more water flow.

Here is a plug for Pleatco filter cartridges.

We have pentair, I bought an extra set of Pleatco filters last year and I like them a lot better than the pentair cartridges. Easier to clean, need cleaning less, clog up less and the pool is just as clean. Cleaned the pentairs sunday and put them in, pressure went up and water flow dropped. Just put the Pleatcos back in tonight, pressure dropped and lots more water flow.

That's great to hear since that's what I ordered today. I found it interesting that the local big name pool store had them for $340 for a four pack...Amazon had the same four pack for $151!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.