Sand filter pressure issues

one note, does your filter have a rinse feature? you should use it just after a backwash, 30 seconds at most.
this will prevent the green that got into the reverse side of the filter from blowing back into the pool.

Yep, that's gross. Just read a post from someone who let their dog eat the worms off the pool cover. I would have gagged and the dog would become an outside dog. Keep doing what you are doing and will clear up!

Ohhh, I'm also a newbie and trying to clear up algae. I don't have much to offer except keep going at it and have LOTS of bleach on hand! Curious if you had a special wrench to take the lid off of the filter to clean it out? I'm pretty sure we need to do this, too, but was told we should have been given a special wrench. Everyone on this site is so helpful! Good luck and keep at it!

P.S. How did you add the pictures with the app? I have some pictures, but haven't been able to load them using my chrome book. I took them on my phone and could load them that way, but don't don't how!:confused:

Ohhh, I'm also a newbie and trying to clear up algae. I don't have much to offer except keep going at it and have LOTS of bleach on hand! Curious if you had a special wrench to take the lid off of the filter to clean it out? I'm pretty sure we need to do this, too, but was told we should have been given a special wrench. Everyone on this site is so helpful! Good luck and keep at it!

P.S. How did you add the pictures with the app? I have some pictures, but haven't been able to load them using my chrome book. I took them on my phone and could load them that way, but don't don't how!:confused:
It depends on your filter. I just had to remove a collar with two bolts and pull up. Yours may need a particular wrench, but I only needed a screwdriver. Do you have the manual for your pump? You could try googling for the pdf also.

Still figuring this out, but on my app, I can select a person's post (hold for about 2 seconds) and it turns blue and a small toolbar appears above. I click on a message icon and it will reply directly to that person with the ability to add pictures, attachments, URL, etc. The app isn't exactly intuitive, but it's standard enough that once you figure out a thing or two, the rest falls into place.

Good luck! I bought a bunch of bleach today. I got 10 gallons because that's all I could fit in my cart with the other stuff. I'm going to pick up more tomorrow. I have no idea how much I'll go through, but I think I'm going to be maintaining shock level for awhile to kill off all this algae.

Yep, that's gross. Just read a post from someone who let their dog eat the worms off the pool cover. I would have gagged and the dog would become an outside dog. Keep doing what you are doing and will clear up!
That is horrifying. Ugh. I hope their dog doesn't get sick. I had worms coming out last week, and I dumped my net over the fence into the woods so my dogs wouldn't go near it. Yuck

Good pics. Always clean as much physical debris out of the pool with a leaf net before SLAMing.
Had to order a proper vacuum from Amazon, but I did a lot of net scooping today. I have to add CYA (tonight) and metal sequestrant before beginning SLAM (hopefully tomorrow if my numbers look better).

We have a ton of metal in our well water and had major issues last summer every time we put chlorine in the pool, even with the metal out stuff. I hope we figure that stuff out this year. I feel much better listening to TFP than the pool store guy.

Cool, I'll play around with it and see what I can figure out about adding pictures. I also wanted to let you know that I used skimmer socks (well I used ladies knee highs) for the first time ever yesterday. I kept them on the skimmer basket and checked them every hour. I was amazed at the GUNK that was on them. I would recommend them as long as you can check frequently. When I put them on today, there was a lot less debris, so it did work!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update:
Hi everyone! I seem to have solved all filter problems. It was just REALLY disgusting and filthy, and it was working overtime to clean up the pool. After a thorough deep-cleaning (thanks for the how-to link, JohnT :D), it started working MUCH better. I had to backwash frequently during the SLAM process, which helped out with the serious overdose of CYA that got put into the pool. I messed up the PoolMath somehow, but it's a normal 40-50 (my husband always sees the black dot until 40, I stop seeing it at 50). *shrug*

Anyway, the SLAM process has been going on for about 8 or 9 days now, and my pool has been clear for 2-3 days. The CC is still around a .5-1 and the FC is losing more overnight than it should, so I probably have a couple of days left. I'm thinking it'll be totally fine by Sunday.

I took some pictures earlier. I didn't think about doing so until after I brushed the pool so I stirred up a bit of dead algae on the bottom and clouded the water some. It is still a remarkable improvement from my personal swamp three weeks ago (first picture). I can't thank you guys enough! This forum is GREAT! Everyone has been so helpful.

3-26-2015.2.jpg4-15-2015.1.jpg4-15-2015.2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.