Moving equipment ?

Having my pool put in in two weeks. IG 25000 gal full L. The question I have is we plan on putting an addition on the house in two years and at that time I will have to move the pump, filter, heater and SWG. Is this that big of a deal? Can i just dig down and re-plumb? Is there flexable pipe available that i could use until i can move it back if thats what i decide?
Loving this site.

Welcome to TFP!!

The plumbing can be moved any time you want, all you need to do is dig it up and run it to the desired location. If you know you'll be doing this, you can plan ahead and Leave the electrical, bonding and other connections long enough to accommodate the move (if it will be a longer run to the new area make sure that the light cords are left long enough!! - or just run the lights to a place where they won't have to be moved with the equipment) You might want to think ahead on the plumbing trench and aim it closer to where the equipment will eventually be (it would be better to add a few elbows now to get to the temp location, than to add that 'head' when you move the equipment or use the flexible PVC pipe for the initial run to where you're installing the pad for now and then hard plumb it for the final site - the flex will reduce the amount of head you add to the plumbing) **I would mark the area where you'll switch over to with a birdbath, large decorative rock or similar so you know where to dig after the addition is complete and it's time to 'finalize' the plumbing :wink:

If you want to get into details, please provide info on how far and in what direction you'll be moving the equipment. :wave:

When you cut your main drain line, be prepared for a lot of water. You can't shut it off. I just did this at the beginning of last pool season. I did it before the pool was open, so the skimmer and return lines were empty. Cutting the drain line was a trick. I used a test plug to plug it after I got it cut, and then slipped a compression fitting over the plug and got everything ready and pulled the plug and hooked up the new pipe.

snipley said:
I have to move it for the guys to dig the foundation for the addition and then move it back after into the new cabana in the addition.

I'd use unions during the install so you can connect the temporary plumbing in place of the old without too much work. An extra valve will allow you to handle the drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.