Auto Pilot manifold question

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I'm looking into a SWG and like the Auto Pilot with the manifold. Can someone tell me how long (wide) the bottom dimension is? I will be replacing my auto chlorinator with the new one and am hoping that when I cut the old one out, that the new one will fit in the same spot. If not, I have to replumb everything as there is not much room between the check valve after the heater and the bypass to feed the water fall.

I can't find a picture with any dimensions.

thanks,
Dave

External dimentions are about 13" wide by 21" tall. For 2" pipe you cut out 10 3/4", which allows for the pipe that goes into the glue joint on each side. For 1 1/2" pipe you need to have extra room for the pipe reducers.

Hmm, that won't fit without replumbing everthing from the heater to the return and adding a big U turn to get more length.

Does it have to be position vertically? If not, I could cut out the clorinator I have, put on an elbow pointing up, lay the manifold on the side, then use two elbows to do a U turn and come back down to a final elbow into the return. Sheesh, I'm sure I lost everybody there.

I think I could get that to work.

The manifold loop also acts as a backflow preventor of hydrogen gases and residual chlorine. If it's mounted sideways you've taken away that benefit of the manifold. I recommend after the loop so that it will then act as the backflow preventor. If you place it before the loop, hydrogen gases and chlorine can potentially flow backwards. There shouldn't be much to worry about, but it's just a safeguard.

OK, I'm looking at putting manifold after my back flow valve. The valve is installed in the return after the heater but before the chlorinator to reduce backflow of chlorine into the heater. Does this mean I could remove the existing backflow valve if using the manifold? If so, then I would have room to do a "normal" install.

thanks,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.