Automatic Pool Cleaner - Non-skimmer

Jul 11, 2011
West Monroe, La
Hey everyone

I have done some searching but can't find any good reviews. I am looking for a new cleaner, don't want to break the bank but I need one that is independent of the skimmer. My skimmer basket is small and it doesn't take much to fill it up when using the hand vacuum. I would like something mainly for the bottom that collects stuff in its own bag or internally in the cleaner itself.

What do you recommend I look at.

Thanks
Clint

If you do not have a line to run a pressure cleaner and do not have a dedicated line to run a suction cleaner, then the only option is an independent electric robot.

Although you could add an inline leaf canister for your suction cleaner to collect stuff before the skimmer.

I only have 1 return so I could use that to run a pressure cleaner, if I did what would you recommend, what is this inline leaf/debris canister you mention? I want to avoid using my skimmer if at possible, and there are a lot of electrics out there that seem to be hit and miss so I was looking for some real life feedback...

Per my signature, I am on my second AquaBug (Diver Dan this time). It just crawls around the floor sucking up the debris and I end up with a clean floor. The W560 leaf filter came as a bonus with the Craigslist bug I bought last year. In my 21' round pool, it takes about 2 hours. It does get stuck on toys left on the floor and can even suck a toy in. When it does, it will walk in circles and not get the floor clean but this is "my fault" (my kid's reallY ).

For the most part, my bug just lives in the water and I take it out when I am swimming. Abused? Don't know and really don't care. I have spent $200 total on the two bugs I have had and it has kept my pool clean for over 10 years. It has a water powered motor and is designed for the flat floor of my pool. It does not get stuck behind my ladder, but like I said, toys and larger debris can get stuck in it.

I also use a manual vacuum on the pole when the leaves get heavy or I want to take care of it quickly.

Here is a video made several years ago of my first aquabug.

https://youtu.be/NJrIqkf9k9A

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.