New to Spas and this Site

Krooz

Mar 30, 2015
Moncks Corner
Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this website. Bought a Jacuzzi J-325 in January and am using Bromine. Been struggling getting a handle on all the chems involved and the forums have been so full of great info. I ordered a Taylor K2106 kit and read the manual front to back. Finally think I understand things! The first thing I grasped is that my dealer doesn't have a handle on getting the fill set up right - nothing they instructed me to do on the fill would build a Bromide bank. I'll be doing that when I drain and fill again later in April. I was totally confused as to why my Bromine levels were so low when I tested -figured the Frog floater would keep the Bromine up - didn't know about adding a shot of MPS or bleach after each use. My wife and I use the tub a few times a week and not always together so we're not heavy users.

Anyway, I'm keeping a log now and think I'll be able to get down to minimal testing once I'm comfortable with things.

Thanks for a great site....

Krooz

You have some good TFPC-speak there. You are well on your way!

It really is amazing how many people in the industry have no idea how to maintain a pool or spa. And if you ever get a pool with automation, forget about it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.