AquaRite / Goldline Control Panel No Power

Mar 30, 2015
Melbourne, FL
Hi all,

I have a control panel that is completely that is not showing any power. I had this issue last year and soldered a new quarter sized capacitor on the back, which fixed the issue. I did the same last year and it corrected the problem however this time its not the case. I did smell a sort of burning smell coming from the control panel last week and I assume it is the transformer. I do know that the box is getting power because the line going to it is hot. Are there any other resistors or capacitors on these that are prone to failure? My unit is about 10 years old and I am considering just adding chlorine for the time being until this is resolved.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well I would have suspected the current limiter but sounds like you already tried that.

You should definitely be adding liquid chlorine to maintain adequate FC levels until you get the SWG sorted ... or your pool may quickly go green.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.