Cloudy

Ms506s

Mar 8, 2015
Naples fl
Hey team! So I moved into my new house, pool was greenish and algae. I put two gallons of chlorine and a little acid in the pool and a day later it was all gone. Rinsed out the filter and brought a sample to local,pool place. They gave me stabilizer/conditioner and total alkalinity increased to put in pool. Water is still a little cloudy. I ran pool pump for 6 hours yesterday and it is running now at 8 am. Does it need more time to filter or do I need more chemicals?

12000 gal IG spa attached Hayward pool pump and filter

Welcome to TFP!
I would really like to help you, but we need more information. My best advice is that you'll need a proper kit to handle this correctly if you want to do it yourself. Mixing our advice with Pool Store advice and suggestions will give mixed and poor results.

Do you have the latest full set of numbers they got on your water? It might be something to work with, but Unfortunately stores often have inconsistent and just as often inaccurate numbers.

Our cornerstone however is knowledge. Knowing what you put in, and why. All that information is here, and it's free. You can start building it, beginning with the ABCs in Pool School. Without some numbers our advice is minimal. I would suggest a proper test kit, not strips, and not adding more Alkalinity up, Cya(stabizer) or similar until we know some facts.

Like Patrick said, without a reliable test, you are guessing. Pools Store tests are very good at finding ways to spend your money but not actually solve your problems. I don't think I would ever start with stabilizer to clear cloudiness from a pool. It is what you add after the pool is clean and stable to protect your chlorine, to a certain level.

If you have a cloudy pool, it is likely algae making it cloudy and liquid chlorine is best tool for this. how much? it depends on your CYA, PH and other test results.

I'm going to add my two cents here as well.

Pool School (link at the top of the page), and a good test kit.

What we mean by a good test kit is a FAS-DPD test kit. Your pool store test kits will only test to a low level of sanitizer, and you will need one that test higher. Details are in Pool School. Recommended kits are the TF-100, or the Taylor K-2006. Don't let the pool store sell you the K-2005, as it is NOT the same as the K-2006. The money spent on one of the recommended kits isn't an expense, it is an investment. Once you learn how to use it, it will save you many times it's price in both time and money in just the first season of use.

As the other replies have noted, what we have here is knowledge and all the help you could want. We will show you how to care for your pool in the most economical and least time intensive methods you will ever find.

Are any of you familiar with spa heater trouble shooting?
834f157acb8e7ef68bd2ef4b80833960.jpg
28f848a9ab1c5ffe4c6407cfe97551bb.jpg
53779ef226e8113732a533f0d01f7433.jpg

There is a copper wire going from the heater which looks like a ground to the pump and then into the actual ground. When I turn the breaker over and position the valves correctly so the flow is going from spa to spa it seems the breaker trips. But heater makes a buzzing noise like it wants to work and no heat comming thru spa jets.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.