Plaster isn't right - considering an acid bath. Advice appreciated!

tgenre

Apr 4, 2014
Denham Springs, LA
My pool is 1.5 years old now. I have diamond brite plaster. It has ALWAYS been streaky/splotchy (there's also a couple "drips") and has minimal Quartz exposed. My neighbor has the same plaster, but the PB did an acid bath on his. He has a LOT of Quartz exposure and it is the look I want. We both have bahama breeze, but our water color/plaster is night and day. We had the same PB, but he didn't do the acid bath on mine. He only did it on my neighbor's after he was dissatisfied with his finish. Doing the acid bath evened out the variations in color and (I believe) exposed more Quartz in his pool.
YES, the PB should've fixed it, but I'm over dealing with him. Things didn't end so well with us. What are your thoughts on an acid bath for these reasons and do you have a guide on how to do it properly?
BTW, I do have a spa so the water does run through the heater (if that matters).
Thanks in advance!

I don't know what the goal is, but if you use pool math at the top of the page, you can use the effects of adding chemicals to determine about what it will be based on your pool volume. Follow the guidelines in the procedure for the amount of addition and plug those numbers in for your system.

As for the end pH is it something you are just curious about, or do you have a way to actually test it once the proper dosage is made? The pH will be below, far below what any pool kit will test for pH wise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.