Replacing flex tubes on Hayward filter

Jun 29, 2014
Pittsburgh,Pa
Equipment: Hayward Perflex Model # EC-75

I need to replace several flex tubes (6-10) on my referenced filter.
According to the manual I need Part #ECX 1032 (or 4810-23A). The length of this part is 16 1/4". However when I measure the length of the actual flex tubes in my filter they are 12" long. I am wondering if my pool service company may have returned the wrong assembly after one of my acid cleanings. This length seems to work fine for me. Any suggestions as to the part # that I need for the tubes I have now.

It appears the flex-tubes come in two lengths with the 50 and 75 using the longer tubes and the others using the shorter tube. I also see you can get bags for 10 for about $50 as opposed to $8-12 each ECX1032PAK10.

Maybe you should call Hayward to confirm.

I would suspect that you have tubes for the EC-65 (ECX1031 Flex-Tube Assembly – 13 3⁄8") (Measured while not in the tube sheets). The ECX1032 Flex-Tube Assembly – 16 1⁄4" Long is for the EC75. Either should work in your filter.

The EC1031 is for the EC65 and the 1032 is for the EC75. The 1032 is 16 1/4" long. The 12" ones sound like they are for a EC40. I would go with the longer ones as this will give you more filter area for capturing debris and longer filter cycles before bumping or draining.

Reactions: norbie
Your signature show you have Hayward sand filter.

The flex tubes ONLY work in the Hayward Perflex DEfilter

Here's mine, an EC 50

IMG_5288.JPG

Inside a dirty one:

IMG_5298.JPG

Clean:

IMG_5306.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.