Return jet pumping debris in pool.

Cpool

Oct 30, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi guys,

Long story short ended up draining and refilling the pool, turned the pumps on yesterday and everything was fine. Woke up today, got pump going after it lost is prime and it sprayed brownish greenish water from the jets. Did this to me a couple of weeks ago also. I have a Auquatec TA-60 sand filter with a water ace pump.

Wow, been deep cleaning now for a while and man is there some nasty stuff coming out. The color of the water is the same color that was clmjng through the jets. I'll contjnue till it clears totally thanks again and I hope this will fix it. I did however just change the sand about a year ago.

When my sand filter did this, I thought it was broken too. I did some reading on the forum and found that if you do not rinse long enough, stuff will blow back into the pool. So, to keep from draining the pool, I started backwashing/rinsing cycles. One minute each for three or four cycles. I have not had anything blow back in the pool since I started this routine. I think a lot of people skimp on the rinse because it just seems to waste water but apparently, it serves a very important purpose. I hope this is your problem so you don't have to buy a new filter.

Guys I'm still having the problem. The thing is when the pool loses its prime, I will prime it, it blows air bubble from the return and then dirty water for a couple seconds and then nothing. After those few seconds everything s fine. Should I be rinsing more often? Any ideas, I've done the deep cleaning.

It does, im trying to correct it now. Any tips for sealing around pvc connections...I'm getting leaks where the pump housing connects to the motor and where the piping threads into the pump. I've tried the thread tape stuff with no luck, I've also used a new o-ring where the pump housing connects to the motor without no luck either.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.