Filter not working, 0 pressure, flow is OK?

B-B

Mar 29, 2015
Milton
Hi, lurked here to solve past issues but this one has me scratching my head. I've recently noticed that my filter doesn't appear to be working any longer. I had some algae appear a few weeks ago, so I shocked the water and brushed as I usually do but the water isn't clearing. I went to check the filter pressure, the gauge reads zero. Thinking I had a bad gauge (since flow is fine) I tried to backwash the filter, when I did the sight bubble stayed clear, usually backwash is very dirty. The multi valve appears to be working, since backwash sent water out the discharge, and 'filter' does not. Any ideas?

Welcome to TFP!

The most likely possibility is that you have a multi-position valve that is currently setup to bypass the filter. Assuming that isn't the issue, the gauge is almost certainly broken. Typical pool pressure gauges break fairly easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.