frozen pipes???

How cold did it get? Perhaps you're frozen up, but I thought you guys were past that even up there. Admittedly, I've not watched much national weather the past week.

Is the water in your pump filter basket frozen solid, or pretty near so!!??

You need to wait for the ice to melt and then see if anything was damaged. You can speed the melting process a little by covering the equipment with a tarp and putting a light under the tarp to provide a little heat.

I did basically that with one power outage this winter. Covered with a Tarp, and put a space heater in there. If you do, be very mindful and careful with placement as not to melt or burn something.

With one night, you are likely fine. You can look all round the pad and see if any pipes are cracked, but many times you won't know till it all thaws and runs. If you had damage, you'll have some leaks from the pipes cracking/bursting, but let's not jump to conclusions. Wait for some Sun, or try what we suggested to thaw, and see what happens.

we are a bit concerned at this point because we covered it with a tarp and ran a heater on it all night. Its not a real powerful heater but we would have thought it would have thawed by now. When I try the pump it just makes a humming noise.

Don't do that anymore until you are sure things are thawed very well. Hopefully some Sun will shine on it soon. Since that is in place, keep heating it until things warm or the Sun hits it full on. About all you can do at this point.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.