Help!!!! Crack in shell.

Mar 28, 2015
Coon Rapids, MN
Greetings All,

I purchased a home last year with an above ground pool. I ran it one year following the methods of TFP which worked great. Things have finally started to thaw in Minnesota and I started some inspections of the pool. I found a crack in the shell of my above ground pool. I'm hoping you guys might be able to provide some advice on what to do. I did see some ice but I'm not sure if it's from the pool or the last of snow. I'm not sure of the pool age, its an oval above ground that starts at about 3 ft and drops to about 7 or 8 ft. What should I do?2015-03-28 20.38.26.jpg

Last edited:
You need to cart that pool off to the dumpster and purchase a new one.

Do NOT fill that pool.

Supertune, This pool in question is an OVAL pool and needs hauled off to the trash! It is a fact that oval pools and round pools (although both are above ground) are 2 different animals in the way they exert outward pressure on the walls. No amount of repair is resonable nor safe for this OVAL pool.

Supertune, This pool in question is an OVAL pool and needs hauled off to the trash! It is a fact that oval pools and round pools (although both are above ground) are 2 different animals in the way they exert outward pressure on the walls. No amount of repair is resonable nor safe for this OVAL pool.

I think that the difference in the way that oval and round pools exert outward pressure also depends on what hemisphere you are in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.