Spa problems

Aug 27, 2008
Edit: Butterfly: Split from this thread: spa-problems-t9330.html

My inground gunite pool with raised spa is new, 1 month old.. Everything seems to work perfect. I was reading this post on the pressure going up at the filter. When the pool side pump is on the PSI at the filter (Jandy) is about 10psi. When I switch the valves to the spa the pressure at the filter doubles. Is there something wrong?

Thanks, this is a very informative site. The Jandy cart filter was at about 10 psi when the pool was started last month. Its about on 10 psi now when the pumps running in the pool. Its a 1.5 hp Jandy. When I switch the Jandy valves to the spa the PSI goes up to about 20 psi. Like I said earlier, everything seems to be operating perfectly when I turn the valves. The way the pool is plumbed, when I switch to the spa, the returns in the pool stop. Guess all the pump power and flow goes to the spa. Maybe this is what makes the PSI so high at the filter? When I switch the valves back to the pool returns, the PSI goes back to 10.

That's certainly normal :) Running the pump on pool mode has (probably) more suctions and returns, so when you restrict them down to just the spa, the pressure will rise.

As for your original question, if it's not the filter, the others have given you the most probable causes :goodjob:

Please keep us informed with your progress on this :!:

I just had a spill over spa added to my existing pool.

When I turn the spa on full boat, the pressure goes up about 5... From 20 to 25.

This is perfectly normal as long as everything is working properly.
Your system is probably running the way it is supposed to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.