Intelliflow VS rpm question

Jul 9, 2014
Broken Arrow, OK
we are first time pool owners. just filled our pool a few weeks ago. I'm trying attempting to get our intelliflow vs set up properly. our pool is approx 17600 gal. (does not include the attached spa), pebble sheen (if this matters) and free form design. we're running an intelliflow vs, clean n clear plus, whisper flow pump for water features, intellichlor salt gen, max-e-therm 400k heater and an easy touch... we are also using the new dolphin m400 robotic cleaner, not sure if this matters, but wanted to provide any and all possible information i can. currently our pump has been running 24/7 @ 2500rpm as set up by the local pentair rep that installed the easy touch. this evening I've logged into our easy touch by computer for the first time. i lowered the rpm's to 1700 this evening. I'm really unaware if this will be correct or not, and haven't received much help from our pb. we are in the tulsa,ok area if thats needed for anything. any help or guidance would be much appreciated, as this is a very new venture for our family!

For normal pool circulation, you want to run at the lowest speed where the SWG, skimmers, and heater are all happy, but not lower than 1000 RPM. That speed is likely to be even lower than 1700 RPM, but they only way to find out is to experiment. If the heater requires a speed much above 1000 RPM, you can program the Easy Touch to speed up the motor when the heater is on, and run at 1000 RPM when the heater is off.

Also to expand on what JasonLion says, you do not need to run the pump 24x7.

And, you need to take into consideration that you have a SWG, and unless you have the SWG on a timer, the SWG provides chlorine whenever the pump is running, providing the RPM is high enough to make the flow sensor on the SWG happy. By running 24x7, are a very likely over chlorinating the pool.

recommend to start learning about pump run time with this article
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/152-determine-pump-run-time

Congrats on the new stuff! I love our VSpump. We have lots of trees that drop stuff in our pool so we have run our our pump 24x7 for 3 years to keep the stuff skimmed immediately and off the bottom. The right speed for us to get good skimming action is 1100rpm, which is only about 150 watts. This is also enough flow for the IC40 chlorine generator to be on. Solar on turns up the speed to 1950 rpm. 1950 is the highest speed we need. It is more than enough to run solar and waterfall with some water still going to pool returns. I think 1950 rpm draws about 600 watts. We usually go 1500 if solar is off and we want waterfall.

If you don't have lots of trees then you can probably run at 1000-1200 rpm 1-2 hours in am and 1-2 in pm in winter and bump that up to 3-4 hours am and 3-4 pm during summer.

You need to tweak your chlorine percentage along with your pump run time to dial in your chlorine level. If it is too low you can turn up the % or increase pump run time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.