Questions about Pentair ScreenLogic Interface (for iPads, iPhone, etc.)

Mar 27, 2015
Houston/TX
Hi,

I'm thinking about installing a Pentair EasyTouch outside to run my pool equipment. Just checking to see if anyone knows:

1) Can a Pentair ScreenLogic be installed in the outdoor circuit board box (along with the main Pentair EasyTouch logic board), or does the ScreenLogic Interface need to be installed inside a house?

2) Can a Pentair ScreenLogic completely replace the need for a traditional inside pool computer user interface? It would be more cost-effective if the ScreenLogic Interface could just be installed outside and then communicate with a phone or tablet via Wifi and thereby totally preclude the need for an EasyTouch 520548.

3) Does the ScreenLogic Interface have a built-in Wifi communicator, or does it need to be connected to a Local Area Network via an Ethernet cable? How does the ScreenLogic communicate with a LAN?

Thanks!

1) The protocol adapter needs to be indoors. It can connect wired or wirelessly with the main EasyTouch control box. A wireless connection requires additional parts.
2) There is no need for remotes if you have ScreenLogic.
3) You need a wired ethernet connection between the protocol adapter and your Internet router/hub.

JasonLion, Thanks.

So given your info I'm thinking about putting the ScreenLogic adapter indoors using some of the wires that are in place - I'd put the ScreenLogic protocol adapter where the old control box had been located. If that is ok, then I'd be inclined to plug an Ethernet cable into the Screen Logic protocol adapter and have it communicate with my router (and Wifi access point), so far so good? If so, the only remaining question is: in your #1 answer above you mention additional parts are needed for a wireless connection - would that hold true for what I've just outlined or were you just referring to the need to establish a Wifi connection? Thanks again, PC

If you are placing the protocol adapter at the location of an old wired remote, the wire running to the main unit will already be there and you don't need to buy anything additional. They offer the ScreenLogic Wireless Connection Kit for situations where you need a wireless link between the main unit and the protocol adapter. All of this is unrelated to WiFi.

Thanks, just to confirm. It is my understanding that it's simply a matter of running 4 wires from the J20 terminal block on the EasyTouch Upgrade panel and connecting those 4 wires to the green terminal block on the Protocol Adapter (which can then connect via a standard Ethernet cable to the Local Area Network (LAN) router. Correct? Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.