help with star rite Max E Therm and pentair intellitouch commands

Mar 27, 2015
los angeles
Hello Forum Members,

I've recently run into a problem trying to send communication from
my pentair intellitouch i9 to my Sta Rite Heater.

hopefully i can gain some words of advice from the experts here.

switching between Spa or Pool remotely does not seem to change the Sta Rite Heater's
local spa/pool setting, however the heater is engaged correctly.

example if I send a control command to the heater to engage the spa, it will heat the spa to whatever
the Sta Rite front panel was last selected . (if pool selected it will only heat to the preset pool level)
(if spa is selected locally on front panel then all is good, as the correct high temp setting is read and actioned)

again, the front panel of the Sta Rite seems to not be remotely being controlled by the intellitouch
with regards to recalling the correct spa or pool high temp setting.

there are no warning messages and the system fires/shuts down correctly.

I hope i've made myself clear.
I've checked the 2wire connection between the intellitouch board and the star rite fireman's switch and
i don't see any loose wires.

The system was working correctly a few months ago.

thanks for any suggestions !

kind regards

alex

Welcome to TFP!

The automation system is not supposed to change the pool/spa mode on the heater, nor is it supposed to change the target temperature on the heater. The heater should simply be set to a very high water temperature, higher than you are every likely to want, in either pool or spa mode (doesn't matter which), and then the automation system should be able to turn it on and off remotely using it's own settings.

thanks you both for your replies.

So my intellitouch is programmed to heat the
pool to 85
and the spa to 100

on the front panel of the sta rite heater
the maximums are set at
pool 88
and spa 104

should i set the local pool temp to 104 too?

when tell the intellitouch to switch the spa on it heats to
88 then shuts off

best

alex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.