Post SLAM Question

May 26, 2014
Las Vegas NV
Hello,

I just finished the SLAM procedures and wanted to throw my pool cover on that's been sitting on a reel with a plastic cover over it all winter (Vegas winter). Is this a bad idea? Don't want to do the SLAM procedures again.

Thanks in advance!

I have 2 questions regarding testing ...

1. When filling up the testing container is the water supposed to be on the line, just above it or just below it?
2. When adding daily chlorine we want to add just enough to be at our target by the end of the next day correct?

1) The surface of the water will be curved. That curve is called a meniscus. The bottom of the meniscus should be at the line.

2) Almost. You want to raise the FC level to whatever level keeps you at or preferably just a little above the minimum FC level 24 hours later. The target number we give is a guess at what that level will be. But every pool is a little different, so your personal target is likely to be a little different than our "approximate" target level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.