Upgrading my above ground pool.

Jan 28, 2014
Last year my husband and I put in a 18' intex pool and landscaped...

ns67r.jpg

We really enjoyed it, especially my then 3 year old.

I'm ready to upgrade. My husband wasn't really on board last year I think because he thought he would be taking care of it, but I took complete care of it (thanks for TFP!). So he's on board with me to upgrade. We have been given a filter system (not sure if it works...need to talk to owner) and frame of pool. I believe it's an 18' or 24'...not sure on brand yet. It was used one summer only by owner.

So I would like to go this route this year and make it permanent for now! This is my inspiration starting point!

hs8dmw.jpg

Let the fun begin! (Oh I'm also due with our third child in June but I'm determined to get this pool in and running this summer ;) )

Let me try to get this straight. You put in a new Intex 18' pool last year and landscaped. Everyone is happy with the pool but you want to put in a new pool and you will have a new baby in June. Doesn't make sense to me. Why not wait another year for the upgrade.

Let me try to get this straight. You put in a new Intex 18' pool last year and landscaped. Everyone is happy with the pool but you want to put in a new pool and you will have a new baby in June. Doesn't make sense to me. Why not wait another year for the upgrade.

It was actually a practically free 18' pool that we put in last year. And landscaping had to be done because it was a new home build and that was bare ground. But the "new" pool will basically go in the same spot.

Part of the sand under the footers for the intex pool has washed away, so I have to redo some stuff anyway.

But the "goal" is to upgrade. Not sure if it will happen this year but I'm hoping to get started soon maybe. I love home projects. This is fun to me :)

IMHO, if you are having a baby in June, I suggest you enjoy the pool you have this year and deal with the upgrade after you get the kids settled down. I would hate for you to get 80% done and have the baby prevent you from finishing and having a pool this summer.

You could buy the new pool at the end of this summer (just before Labor Day, for deals here) and get a great price on a new or demo pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.