How much would it cost for a pool company to install a solar controller?

Apr 9, 2013
Hey guys, I picked up the Pentair solar controller. Instructions are horrible. I have parts and no idea where any of it goes. How much do you think a pool company would charge to come out and make all the connections?

Thanks!

Do you already have solar panels installed? And an actuator?

It is really not that hard and I sure people here could help you do it ... if you are at all comfortable with that type of work.

I have a Solartouch.

There is not a whole lot to it. Pool manuals tend to make it sound harder than it is, especially the electrical and programming pieces.

Wire up 110v to breaker panel
Install and wire solar panel temp sensor near the panels
Install and wire the water temp sensor in a pipe after the filter and before the panels
Install and wire the valve controller to open and close solar the solar valve
Wire up the control wire or relay for the pump

Then you have to do some programming to tell it temp to turn on solar, temp to turn off solar. Enable heating/cooling and a few other things.

Ok, thanks guys. I'll try to tackle this in a month or so when things warm up around here :)

And yes, the solar panels are already installed. I found that turning them on/off every night made a huge difference last year, when I remembered to do that :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.