Jandy Valve Actuator Moving Wrong Direction After Manual Op

satpoolman

In The Industry
Jun 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I had to manually override one of my Jandy Actuator Valves to completely shut off water flow so I could work on my pump. After returning the actuator to automatic position, the valve now rotates 180 degrees from where it's supposed to. :? The actuator install/operating guide mentions something about adjusting the cams, but I thought I'd run this pass you guys before doing anything major. Any ideas?

The toggle switch on the back of the valve is a center off with two on positions. Switch it to the other on position and it should work fine. Read the section in the manual about syncing the valve

I tried putting the toggle switch in the other position-no help. The problem was inside the actuator. The set screw that holds the cams in place was loose...so every time I turned the toggle switch 'off' and manually rotated the valve, the cams would move out of place. After resetting the cams and tightening the setscrew all is back to normal. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.