Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Valve Actuator Moving Wrong Direction After Manual Op

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Valve Actuator Moving Wrong Direction After Manual Op

I had to manually override one of my Jandy Actuator Valves to completely shut off water flow so I could work on my pump. After returning the actuator to automatic position, the valve now rotates 180 degrees from where it's supposed to. The actuator install/operating guide mentions something about adjusting the cams, but I thought I'd run this pass you guys before doing anything major. Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Valve Actuator Moving Wrong Direction After Manual Op

The toggle switch on the back of the valve is a center off with two on positions. Switch it to the other on position and it should work fine. Read the section in the manual about syncing the valve

3. Back To Top    #3

I tried putting the toggle switch in the other position-no help. The problem was inside the actuator. The set screw that holds the cams in place was loose...so every time I turned the toggle switch 'off' and manually rotated the valve, the cams would move out of place. After resetting the cams and tightening the setscrew all is back to normal.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!

Good thing you're handy! I would have told you the same thing as Evan. Opening it up and checking the stops would have taken me a few days to figure out

Hope all else goes well for you with the pool!!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)