Hello!...new member here!

Pepo

Mar 24, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Hi, Iam a new member here trying to get into the BBB methoth switching from SWG to chlorine let's see how that goes! Having a lot of trouble lately after using tabs for awhile last reading of CYA was 120, drained 1/4 of the water. New reading comming soon.
Thanks!

15k Gal. ig Pool & Spa quartz plaster, Hayward super pump II, Hayward 425 sf. cartridge filter, Goldline automation SWG(not working) using liquid chlorine now.

Hi, Iam a new member here trying to get into the BBB methoth switching from SWG to chlorine let's see how that goes! Having a lot of trouble lately after using tabs for awhile last reading of CYA was 120, drained 1/4 of the water. New reading comming soon.
Thanks!

15k Gal. ig Pool & Spa quartz plaster, Hayward super pump II, Hayward 425 sf. cartridge filter, Goldline automation SWG(not working) using liquid chlorine now.

Welcome to the forum. If you haven't already, check out the "Pool School" tab above.

What test kit are you using?

Thanks!

Why switch from SWG?? It is one of our preferred methods of chlorinating your pool. Plus, with high CYA you will not need to drain as much water because the recommended CYA level for SWG is higher than liquid chlorine.

How much Pool School have you read? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Do you have one of the recommended test kits. You can buy a kit at a pool store, but again the pool store kits generally won't cut it. To effectively practice the TFPC methods, the FAS/DPD chlorine test is essential. All these kits contain that test while very few other kits do. Think of it this way, do you see a doctor blindly prescribing drugs without seeing the patient or having tests run? Here at TFP we are going to ask for photos so we can see the condition of the water and are going to ask for a full set of test results.

A pool with a SWCG (Salt Water Chlorine Generator) is a chlorine pool. Welcome to the forums. A SWCG creates chlorine so you don't have to dose using liquid chlorine. Sounds like you were also using pucks.

There's a lot of info in pool school. Have you ordered a recommended test kit yet? You can't go wrong with the TFTestkits TF-100, I initally bought the K-2006 but I get my refills from TFTestkits. Their prices are very competitive. Bite the bullet get the correct kit it's well worth it.

Again welcome!

Last edited:
HI All,
Thanks for your comments.
I swicth to chlorine pucks several month ago when my SWCG give up after many repairs to the PCB board due to a "No Cell Power" after the fixes it work for some time until stop working at all along with other component of the automation system.
Now I need to replace the PCB Board and the salt cell, Since funds are limited with 2 kids in college I have to wait a little while. Right now I am testing at the pool store until I receive the TF-100 already ordered.
I am reading at the pool school and learning every day!.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.