Kinda Strange...

Jun 9, 2007
Houston, TX
I wasn't sure where to post this, so mods, if it's in the wrong place feel free to move it!

This is our 4th summer in this house, which came with a 35 year old pool. We just renovated in January/February, and chose Tahoe Blue PebbleTec with abalone shells to resurface the pool. Since it's gotten hot, we've had tons of dragonflies hovering over the pool. We've never seen them before this year. Could they be attracted by the sparkly reflection from the shells in the pool surface?

Hi Aggie,

In Baton Rouge here, and for whatever reason, we're seeing hundreds of dragonflies around here this year. No pool associaition over here, as I've seen a lot more at my office, whichi is near woods and a pond.

I think its just a big year for the pretty little creatures. Maybe they got blown in from somewhere, or our weather just happen to be just right this year?

Then again, maybe you did such a nice remodel, that they just can't stay away...

Steve (who's wondering how many aggies it takes to count all the dragonflies that aren't here today)

Steve,

(who's wondering how many aggies it takes to count all the dragonflies that aren't here today)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, all these good Texans are overwhelming the forum!! I'm pretty sure SeanB is rigging this place to give them some kind of special advantage. I'm convinced they've developed a secret handshake that none of the rest of us know about.

Who knows, they could be planning to secede from the union and TFP is simply a cover for them. I think all of us (non-Texans) should keep a sharp eye out. Meanwhile, I plan on saying nothing bad about them........if they take over completely, I don't want to be on record as having any negative Texas remarks......you never know when that knock on the door may be coming.

Yee-haw, ya'll!! :lol: :lol:

**Does secret handshake** :p :-D

AggieTexan, I have Aqua Blue StoneScapes pebble finish and have a good number of dragonflies up here (D/FW metroplex). I don't think it is the finish; might be all the rain we have had has caused them to multiply. Neighbor has plain plaster finish and they are over there too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.