Rust colored spots.

TexRex

Mar 24, 2015
Katy
Hey guys
I've got some stains that are brown/rust colored anywhere from the size of a dime to the size of a golf ball.
These appeared after the pool was replastered and no amount of scrubbing will remove them,I even went as far as hitting them with some fifty grit sand paper ..no joy. In fact it didnt even cloud the water around the stain when I hit em with the sand paper. So I'm guessing it's going to be a chemical solution....I hope.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!

How many spots are we talking about?
Try putting a Vitamin C tablet on one. I had a couple from a hair tie left in the pool. The Vitamin C seemed to work like magic and some were gone in seconds ... others required leaving multiple tablets on for a few minutes.

There's probably about a dozen of them.
This stuff appears to be on the surface almost like scale. Sand paper wouldnt even faze the stuff.
When you sand pool plaster you'll get a little cloud of plaster but this stuff showed no sign of that.
I'll give the vitamin C tablet a shot for sure though. Is there any brand you'd recommend or will any of them work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.