Conroe, Tx new pool started today!

Texasrebel

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Conroe/houston
After years of lurking here I finally get to post. Started my pool with splash pad aka aux pool as my builder calls it. It's a smaller pool 16x16x4 with a connected splash area of 7x7x1-1/2.

I have a ton of questions but I will start with this one, I purchased two hayward pumps one is 1hp and one 3/4 hp. I was planning on making the 3/4 my water fall and single bubbler pump and should I run this through the filter? I own a plumbing co so I'll be doing the plumbing myself. I am going all out on the plumbing by the way with dedicated suction lines and all the good stuff.

Congrats TexasRebel! We are also in Conroe, hoping to start in 30 days! I have no answers for you, but super jealous you are a plumber & can save $$$$ on the build! Please post lots of pics!

Hi Texasrebel
Welcome to TFP!

to answer your question, .. the waterfall shouldn't be plumbed through the filter. No reason to do that.
The intake for the watefall won't be on the surface of the water where all of the stuff that needs to be filtered is. The skimmer will take care of all the filtering for you.

After years of lurking here I finally get to post. Started my pool with splash pad aka aux pool as my builder calls it. It's a smaller pool 16x16x4 with a connected splash area of 7x7x1-1/2.

I have a ton of questions but I will start with this one, I purchased two hayward pumps one is 1hp and one 3/4 hp. I was planning on making the 3/4 my water fall and single bubbler pump and should I run this through the filter? I own a plumbing co so I'll be doing the plumbing myself. I am going all out on the plumbing by the way with dedicated suction lines and all the good stuff.

Welcome to the forum. +1 to Dave's suggestion. My PB plumbed my waterfall pump entirely separate of the other (primary) pump. The suction side is in the deep end, a cpl feet down from the surface of the water.

Awesome! I'm doing the same thing! (smaller pool, and my family does utilities so I am plumbing mine, too) Did you get single speed or variable speed pumps? I've been struggling with pump sizes because my gallonage is low. Good luck, how exciting!

I only bought single speed haywards one 3/4 and 1 hp. Love this site, not often the internet is friendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Sunbaby

I hope you dont have the low water table probs I ran into....and were only four feet deep. I am thankful for my pb he's great so far.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't even want to think about issues like a super high water table! Hopefully it won't be a problem - if it happens - does the pool builder take on the responsibility of pumping and doing it - or do you have to do more on the side? I haven't signed a contract yet - so this might be a question I need to look at more closely if it isn't a universal type thing. I have 3 builders I am considering (yes, I recently added a third) - but I believe we will make a final decision this weekend. It is so hard - I really love all 3.

I LOVE watching all the progress - please continue to post pics!!!!!!!!

TexasRebel, who is your builder?

Also has your builder talked to you at all about fence restrictions? Ive been trying to research & when I go to MoCo site & it somehow redirects me to Harris Co. We are fenced in already- trying to decide if we will need to move boards to the inside. (We are on 1 acre lots in a small subdivision - but not in city limits). I've read some forums where they said no inspectors ever came? We re-routed sprinkler and drainage lines in the back yard yesterday! I'm ready to get this going!

Was Hoping to sign a contract tomorrow so I can get on the schedule, but I still can't mak up my mind on some key points. Ugh.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.