Pool Studio Question

Mar 21, 2015
Waveland, MS
I'm just getting started in planning a pool design, and I was wondering how people have managed their use of Pool Studio. I'm personally not used to software that only works as you pay by the month, so I'm trying to minimize my cost if it takes me a year or two to design and start construction on our pool. My understanding is that you cannot buy a copy of the program, and you can only use it while you pay the $100/month activation. So, I'm assuming the only way to do this is to buy it, use it, and then shelve it during any time when I think I will be away from it for a full month.

It's a shame because I would like to take our time and tweak the design over time, without potentially spending a grand or more on just the use of the software. Please let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks

Welcome to TFP Newgene!

I can't say sorry, as most people utilize it through their builder as part of the build process. More people may do what you are talking about with it, but I haven't heard much about that here. If it was feasible for you, it sounds like a great idea though. Certainly nothing wrong with the idea.

one of the local Pool builders used it for my bid. Sadly they had zero comprehension of what we were wanting. It's a neat piece of software, I actually drew out pool plans using a free software, I think it was google sketchup. I measured my backyard and plotted everything out. We changed things quite a bit from the initial plan I had drawn up due to practical suggestions from the Pool builder. Then when they were digging I was present and made further changes for aesthetics. I think the programs are nice....but not at all necessary.

I likely will draw it out in Visio. I did a lot of that when we built our house, but that really was just for dimensions. I also used a bunch of photoshop to overlay different images of bricks, shingles, etc. onto the face of our house plans. It made a difference in selecting colors or just how something would look on the house. I'll pass on Pool Studio at the price, but it would have been neat to have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.