First time test results

Mann

Jul 20, 2013
Belgium
Hi everyone

Finally my tf1000 has arrived and did the First test.
Got a few questions About iT tho,
First of all i wanna excuse me for my not so good english but im dutch so english isnt my native language

Here we go,
Ph. 7.2 so that is good
Fc 4 drops so that is 2ppm and good for now
Cc after one drop iT went to the right color so that is 0.5 and also good , but as soon i need more drops i got to mutch ? I e 2 drops is 0.5 cc and that is already to mutch ? Or am i wrong here ?

Ch 5 drops so that is 125 ppm and also fine

Ta 11 drops so that is 110 Ppm also fine , does the color need to be deep red ? Cause iff iT was Eye height iT was still a tad of pink, but iff i put iT down the above view was red.

Cya tube was filled and did still saw the dot a bit so ill use a puck for now in the pool in the hope iT Will get a bit higher, still got a bit more time cause iT wont be any nice weather soonish

Glad i ordered the kit so i can get decent results!!

Feel free to give any advice/ tips/ do ant dont's

I Am browsing the forum now and alrdy learned alot. also the pool school is very usefull

Cheers for the tfp forum/method

For the CC test, after you complete the FC test, you add 5 drops of the R-0003. If nothing happens, your CC is 0. If it turns pink, then add R-0871 counting the drops until it goes clear again. I am not exactly sure what you are describing.

For the TA and all other tests, you add drops until the last drop causes no further color change and do not count that drop. Usually the green goes a little purple and then turns a pink/red.

Sounds like you CYA is pretty low, raising it with the trichlor pucks is going to take some time. By using PoolMath and the Effects of Adding Chemicals section, you can see that each 8 oz puck of trichlor will add 13ppm of FC and 7.8ppm of CYA ... so I would guess that you should not use more than about 3 tablets and your CYA is going to be in range.

Thanks you toke Some time to reply,
just wanting to know from how many drops is the cc too high ?

I quote
*If it turns pink, then add R-0871 counting the drops until it goes clear again*
from my calculations, iff you add 2 drops to get iT clear again you got cc of 0.5 and that is the limit right, so iFf iT takes 3 drops my cc is too high? (3x0.5=1.5 cc)

Thanks for the calculation for the cya!

Hope you know what i mean now, kinda hard to express myself in another language :/

If the CC test takes more that 1 drop of R-0871 to clear ... then that is usually too high of a CC reading.
With a 10ml sample, 1 drop is 0.5ppm. 2 drops would be 1ppm which is higher than you want.

Havent seen the video's. Thanks for the share,Will sure check them out.

And jblizzie gave me the answer i wanted to hear. Guess i Will need to keep an eye on the cc and incase iT comes to 0.5-1 i'll SLAM my pool.

Thanks for all the answers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.