Startup? What Startup? NO STARTUP after BBB!!!!!!!!!!

edge

Mar 10, 2014
Douglas, GA
Hey guys! Long time no see! :wave:

Last year I joined to get answers and help with my large in ground pool. I had let it go over the winter and it was a total mess come spring last year. I wasted tons of money getting pool stored until I found this place and switched to BBB. Long story short, My CYA was sky high due to trichlor and I had to drain the pool and start over.

Fast forward a year. I didn't shut the pool down over the winter. We have mild winters here in South GA and I don't have any trees hanging over so there's little debris getting in the pool. I kept VERY LITTLE chlorine in the pool over the winter. Literally prolly NONE for most the winter but due to water temp, it wasn't an issue. I did let it run about 6 hours everyday. This year my startup consists of me SLAMMING with bleach and testing the water. I have only vacuumed to waste once and if my water temp was up the pool would be ready to go. I cannot describe how much easier it has been and more affordable to use the BBB method and run the pool year round instead of closing it which does increase my light bill but it's worth it. I do not have any current pictures but the pool looks just as good as any i've ever taken. So this is basically what my pool looks like today and has ALL WINTER...

The ONLY thing that needs to be done to use this baby is the water temp to rise about 20 degrees!

Ohhhh Yes! I had spent that much nearly 10x over trying to get it right. Without the CYA I was throwing darts in the dark. Very pleased with the Kit and the method. Honestly I usually use Muriatic Acid to control PH and Bleach to add Chlorine. Thats the two things I use anymore. Sooo simple. I just need to find a way to get Bleach in a 55 gallon drum. lol Any ideas?

Funny. I was born and raised in Georgia, but lived in a lot of places since (now live in Texas). In Georgia, anything that uses electricity is called a "Light Bill" even if its a pool pump or refrig, or air conditioner, that's all part of the "Light Bill".

Ohhhh Yes! I had spent that much nearly 10x over trying to get it right. Without the CYA I was throwing darts in the dark. Very pleased with the Kit and the method. Honestly I usually use Muriatic Acid to control PH and Bleach to add Chlorine. Thats the two things I use anymore. Sooo simple. I just need to find a way to get Bleach in a 55 gallon drum. lol Any ideas?

Look for a chemical supplier in the area. You may be able to get a drum. We get 300 gallon totes at work to use on the cooling towers when the chlorine plant is down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.