the well traveled test kit

geostv

Aug 3, 2008
Well, the Taylor 2006 it just arrived. SPS sent it by mistake to my billing address in Oregon. From there, had it fed ex'd to my PO box in Miami, then my reshipper got it to me here in Guatemala. Since my new pool is still 2 weeks away from completion, decided to check the CYA of my neighbors pool. After reading pool school and a bunch of posts here, I thought it would be high. they are an older retired couple and their solution to everything is to add granular shock treatment. i thought CYA would be high, and it was off the scale, way over 100, which explains why they have been having so many problems. anyway, we drained over 2/3 of the pool, and it is refilling now. I also have a promise from them to not use anymore shock treatment or chlorine tabs. i found a chemical supply house here that sells borax, baking soda, soda ash and 10% liquid chlorine in bulk.

My question: Since we are basically starting anew here, it would seem to me the best way to proceed is to test chlorine and ph, and add bleach and borax or baking soda as determined by the pool calculator. Am I on the right track here? Thanks much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.