Currently Pooless, considering a build and some questions

Jul 23, 2010
Mickleton, NJ
I posted last summer that we were getting ready to move from a home with an ABG that we installed to a home with an existing inground pool. Turns out that pool and home were a nightmare so we backed out and ended up buying a wonderful home:D with no pool:sad:.

Doing without the pool hasn't been an issue since we moved here in early fall, but we are now seriously getting the itch for a pool in the yard. Because of the size of this home and neighborhood we are thinking an inground pool would be best. We plan to live here forever and have kids ages 5 and 8 who love to dive etc. The cost is throwing me a bit though. Shelling out 30-40k is overwhelming me. Our above ground with landscaping and everything totaled just under 7k and we felt like it was the best money we every spent. Spending 4-5 times that though, I'm just wondering if the benefits will out weigh the cost.

If you have gone from an above ground to inground, is the larger expense worth it?

How much should I budget for unforeseen expenses, extra concrete, what if they hit water etc? We currently have sprinklers in the back yard, any idea what it will cost to replace or re-route them?

What features are immediate must haves for an inground liner pool, other than basic, pump filter, liner etc?

Any thoughts on liner steps? They seem really cool and I love the idea of having wider steps for more seating, are there lots of issue with the liner pulling away?

I was looking at doing a rectangle with 90 degree corners, one PB said no problem, the other said they don't love doing them because there are issues with the liner pulling from the corners, thoughts?

I know this is a ton of random questions, I appreciate an feedback.

I don't have a good enough feel for pricing of pool builds up there but I have heard it's very expensive back East. I have gone from AG to IG and of course it's worth every penny IMO.

Seems that would be a good price for a decent sized pool from what I've read. Don't know so much about rectangle vinyl pools having specific problems. There are lots and lots of them out there. What are they saying is better? I think it's more in the construction quality.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.